Sometimes life gets hectic and the easiest food to get is fat and/or heavy. Once in a while a day can be so hot and damp that your appetite for sturdy food is gone. Every now and again your body screams for something light and refreshing, for a moment to just restore. This Apple salad is just that.
During the warm months we love the slightly sour taste of Apple in our salads. The soft crunching between or teeth remind us that eating is lovely, while the greens still remain light on the stomach. The vinegar helps build the flavor and prevents the body from bloating which we hate in general, but even more on a warm summer day.
If you prefer a bit more fat in the dish to make it a fuller meal try adding the Blue Cheese to add a deceptive complex twist to it. A new layer that turns the entire Salad around.
300 grams of your favorite lettuce type(s) *
2 Apples of your choice*
2 pinches of Pepper
a pinch of Salt
3 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tsp dried Rosemary
1 tbsp runny Honey
Some Blue Cheese (optional)
1. Wash and Cut the Lettuce and Apples in bite size pieces.
2. Mix all the remaining ingredients to make dressing.
3. Add dressing to the lettuce and the apples.
4. Enjoy as just a simple light salad or part of a larger meal. If you want to make the Salad a stand alone dish, try adding some Blue Cheese.
* We use a combination of Rucola, Rapunzel and Crisp Head Lettuce with Pink Lady Apples.