No season is as good for a homecoming as Autumn. You may dislike the cold and wet autumn weather but the food and fruits really welcome one home. This crumble uses all those sweet and rich fruits and turn them into a delicious dessert (or snack if you feel for it)
This basic recipe allows you to use and combine all fruits you can get your hands on. We love Wild Peaches in our crumble, the classic apple does wonders and don’t discard the cherry or pear either. All combine and melt together to make you really feel welcome after a trip through those unwelcoming days.
We usually make this Crumble dough in large batches and use it with any fruits we can get our hands on, Peaches, apple, pear sometimes even cherries and blackberry. The amounts are in parts, so you can make any amount you want (we always end up with a weeks worth of Crumble dough)
3 parts Wheat Flour
1 part Caster Sugar
A pinch of Cinnamon
A pinch of Sea Salt
1 part Unsalted Full Cream Butter
Zest of a Lemon
Fruit of your choice
1. Mix all the ingredients. Make sure the Butter is at room temperature and mix it in with the tips of your fingers. you should end up with a dry and crumbly dough. This dough stays good in the fridge for at least two weeks.
2. Cut the fruit into small chunks (about 1 by 1 cm) You can even mix the fruits you have at hand. We love the Peach and Apple combination.
3. Spread the fruits into a layer onto the bottom of an oven dish. Top with a layer of crumble. Make sure the top layer is everywhere.
4. Put the crumble into the oven for 10/15 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius. The top should be golden brown.
5. Let cool only a little bit before enjoying. Delicious with a topping of whipped cream.
As a desert also lovely to pair with our Drinking Chocolate.