Syllabub is a recipe that has been around for probably more than 500 years already. First mentioned in 1573 in literature this dessert has quite a history. Still the basics call foe a wide variety of recipes. The basis is always some cream, some type of alcohol and fruity/nutty tastes.
This specific recipe takes it al the way to a flowery taste. Fresh and fragrant this dessert invites spring.
Fresh and Crispy Syllabub
Ingredients: (Serves 6 small glasses)
250 ml Cream
Juice of 1 Lemon
1 tbsp. Orange-blossom Water
3 tbsp. Orange Liquor (like Cointreau)
50 gr Sugar
1 tbsp. Rose Water
Topping Crushed Pistachio Nuts
1. Pour the Cream into a bowl and start whisking. We prefer to whisk by hand to keep more control, for an easier task make sure the Cream is really cold. The Cream should not become fully stiff, but somewhere between liquid and a solid whipped cream. It should be able to have some soft peaks.
2 In a separate bowl mix the other ingredients, except the nuts.
3. Add a quarter of the liquid to the cream and whip it up again. The liquid will make the Cream softer again. If you over stiffened the cream before this solves the problem.
4. Repeat step 3 until all the liquid is whipped in.
5. Spoon into your final cups and place in the fridge for at least an hour and up to 24 hours.
6. Just before serving add a Pistachio topping. Enjoy with your nose as much as your taste buds.