Fresh shrimps need only a little work to become awesome. Unfortunately not everyone has access to these beauties year round. This dish still counts on a good quality shrimp but works perfect with frozen variations.
The Chilli, Salt and Honey create a popcorn taste , where baking the shrimps like this makes them pop in the mouth. Though quite spicy, with a bit of (cocktail)sauce this Shrimp finds our table time and time again.
Ingredients: (side dish for 2)
1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
1 Tsp. Chilli Flakes
500 gr peeled Cocktail Shrimps
Juice of one Lime
1 Tsp. Paprika Powder
2 Tbsp. Honey
To Taste Chilli Powder and Sea Salt
1. Slowly melt the Coconut Oil together with the Chili Flakes.
2. When the Coconut Oil has melted toss in the Shrimps and quickly stir them.
3. The Shrimps will release some water when you bake them. When this happens squeeze the Lime juice in the pan and add the Paprika Powder.
4. Bake the Shrimps until they start to colour brown. Add the Honey and extra spices and heat for about 30 seconds more while stirring.
5. Enjoy as hot and fresh as possible.
Tip: Lovely with some Cocktail sauce